Tuesday 15 January 2013

Time to get creative

Whilst I have been unemployed, I have been looking for ways to keep me entertained and use my spare time productively. I've been determined to have a routine so for when the time comes and I'm back in the working world, it won't come as such a shock to the system. That and the fact that my over- thinking mind guilts me into constantly being on the go.
I have some ideas that I am hopefully going to put into action this year, which will combine my creativity juices and desire to become self- employed but for the meantime I'm going to learn a new craft! This being KNITTING! Yes knitting....I know it might sound geeky, like something your mum or gran would do or just not very cool but it's something I've always wanted to learn to do. For my birthday last year I was given a knitted Christmas pudding hat (don't worry, I'm a December baby) and at Christmas I bought my cousin's wee boy a knitted Christmas tree hat, and after seeing what can be knitted I knew it was something I wanted to get stuck into!
Imagine, my excitement when I saw an advert for a new collection of "Knit & Stitch" magazines being brought out by Bergere De France. Look what came in the pack for 99p!!!


Included was 2 starter magazines, a how-to DVD, pair of 3.5mm needles and 2 balls of wool! Every week you get more & more patterns, 2 more balls of wool & different sized needles, although the price will go from £2.50 to £4.50 by the 3rd issue.
So this morning I popped on the DVD and got going......here's how my first attempt went this morning:
I've now learned, after much rewinding, how to complete ths slip loop (first loop to go on the needle) and casting on (base-line for whatever you're knitting). That's me for today....next is the knit stitch & purl stitch! Wish me luck x

2 comments:

  1. I like to knit, but I haven't done it in so long. I am not sure I would remember how. Good idea with the DVD. Good luck!

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'm going to need it, need to keep rewinding & practicing. I'm sure it will become a natural process soon :) Thanks for your comment x

    ReplyDelete