Sunday 20 January 2013

Bye bye to bad hair days

I love a wee unexpected find and particularly one which has made a huge improvement to my everyday life. Yes I'm talking about my haircare routine but if you are anything like me, the small matter of what type of hair day it is can really have the deciding factor on my mood. If I spend hours getting ready (which who are we kidding it is- think time spent shopping searching for an outfit, shoes & accessories, the time used for going over in our minds if it is suitable for wherever we are going, planning a back up just incase it's a "fat day", maybe even a couple of try on's for friends or your boyfriend, and then not to mention the time spent actually putting it all together & beautifying ourselves), it can all come crashing down, for me, if I'm having a bad hair day. To me my hair is my crowning glory, the first thing I look at in a photo and sadly if it's not doing what I want it to do then it has potential to put me in a downer!
So I got really excited when I was over at my mum's for the weekend and had my standard flick through the Avon catalogue. Whether you have money or not, Avon is one of those guilty pleasures. Mainly due to the fact that it takes a couple of weeks delivery, and by then you will have been paid or won't feel as bad about the amount of "must-have's" you ordered. On this occassion my must- have buys were the Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment range which include Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo (£1.49 for 250ml), Conditioner (£1.49 for 250ml) and Leave In Treatment (£3.50 for 30ml).
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first used these products as the word oil and hair sometimes make me nervous and anxious that it will leave it greasy and in need of a good wash again. However I was so pleasantly surprised the first time I used the shampoo & conditioner in the shower. It turned out that they were both of normal consistency for a shampoo & conditioner and white/ cloudy in colour and both smelled really clean & fresh, which for me are the most important factors. I was then excited to try the oil/ serum, which I have found works best in towel- dried hair. Like with most oils, less is certainly more & one squirt was an ample amount for my short bobbed hair. Avon do however claim that it can be used on wet or dry hair, but out of personal preference, I've never been brave enough to attempt it on a dry style! 
I was, and still am, delighted with the results of this range on my hair. My hair is coloured, and always has been since I was 14, and being honest has never been in this good a condition.
My hair looks shiny, feels so soft and healthy (something that I'm definitely not used to after being peroxide blonde for so many years), and barely has many split ends, and that is just after blow drying. Usually I blast my hair with the dryer, as I find it one of the biggest chores and before it would end up massive, frizzy, curly & out of control. But after using all these products, I was surprised and so happy to see that they had somehow managed to tame it, don't get me wrong, my natural curls still make an appearance but I've seen less of them recently!
I'm also a big hair toucher, and always play with the ends, my fringe, run my fingers through it and brush it but can still leave it 2/3 days between washes!
Found it really hard to capture my hair colour & shininess in a picture but I hope you can see the condition in the photo's below:
 
Personally, as you can probably already tell, I would highly recommend this product, as there has been and still is a lot of talk and demand for Argan Oil products. However, I've not come across a whole range which is of as good a quality and value for money with the same results. I have used many variations of Argan Oil's from Sally's to Tesco but I've definitely found my favourite from Avon!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Must try these, I'm a big fan of the Avon hair serums already!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) Strangely I never used to like Avon shampoo & conditioner but love these x

      Delete
  2. Really great post, I really enjoyed it! Keep it up xx





    www.ittykitty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for your comment, really appreciate your feedback & will keep blogging :) x

      Delete